Who We Are
First and foremost, we (Jen & Holly) are Newton moms who deeply appreciate living and engaging in our amazing local community. In 2016, Livability rated Newton #3 on it’s 10 best cities in America list. We created this site with an eye toward what interests us, our friends and neighbors. We are passionate about The Garden City in particular and Boston Metro in general. New families flock to Newton annually and we’re proud to offer them LiveNewton.net as a way to navigate and get to know all the city has to offer.
Newton is consistently recognized by national publications:
- In Money’s annual “Best Places to Live in America” report, Newton was ranked number 31 on the list of 50 U.S. towns. They noted that Newton’s strengths lie in its schools system, number of jobs, racial diversity, and cultural activities. The report pegged Newton’s commute time at 24 minutes, adding, “It’s an ideal place for those who work in Boston, just seven miles away, to which it’s connected by bus, train and light rail lines.” (2016)
- 24/7 Wall St, a news service, ranked Newton number one in the country based on crime rates, employment growth, education, and commuter travel time. (2014)
- Money Magazine rated Newton #15 in best places to live. (2014)
- Money Magazine named Newton fourth best small city among places to live in America. (2012)
- Aneki.com named Newton the fifth safest city in America. (2012)
Partner with Us
The mission of LiveNewton.net is to inform and connect local families by sharing all of the incredible events, businesses and charities in and around “Newton Metro,” which we consider to be Boston, Brookline, Brighton, Needham, Watertown, Waltham, and Wellesley.
Our content features…
- Reviews on new and existing businesses
- In-depth profiles on local businesses
- Honest recommendations on area services
- A robust events calendar focused on myriad areas of interest
- Tips and advice for making the most of our metro area
- Free giveaways donated by area businesses
- Guest posts by local experts (health, real estate, home improvement)
Each week LiveNewton.net publishes new feature stories we carefully plan to coincide with seasons, holidays, local events, and everyday life in our community.
To our business partners, we offer exclusive, targeted advertising opportunities for periods as short as 1 month. All features are supported by concurrent Facebook and Instagram postings.
Recent Successful Partnerships
Widely regarded as one of America’s best cities and perfectly situated as Boston’s closest suburb, Newton continually attracts new residents from across the country.
We are the only resource with a dedicated section for those who are New to Newton (coming in 1 month!). It’s our goal to make new residents’ lives easier by providing a virtual blueprint of our city for schools, neighborhoods, transportation, childcare, and much more. Partner with us here and make a great first impression!
Many of our readers are regular visitors to our site, preferring to explore on their own. Others subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter to get our latest posts. Most (~85%) are moms just like us. Our Boston metro readers tend be well-read, well-traveled, well-heeled and civic-minded. Their primary interests are health and wellness, fitness, parenting, childcare, kids activities, classes and camps, dining out and other food-related subjects, and metro-Boston events.
We pride ourselves on knowing our city and relating to our fellow residents. Understanding the market is essential and LiveNewton.net does that in spades. We welcome opportunities to serve as ambassadors for well-matched brands.
Contact us today to explore ways in which we can work together. We can’t wait to hear from you!
— Jen & Holly