People come together over food. If we’re lucky.
The local non-profit Newton Food Pantry is hosting their second annual fundraising event, Our Neighbors’ Table, catered by some of the best restaurants in our city. The event takes place October 19th from 6:30PM – 9:30PM and tickets are selling out quickly! We (Jen and Holly) have bought ours and we hope to see you there for an inspiring (and delicious) night out to support our fellow Newton residents in need.
Here’s what you need to know.
- Participating restaurants: Comedor, Central, Farmstead Table, Fiorella’s, Lumiere, and Sycamore.
- Corporate sponsors: Bigelow Oil, Village Bank, Eastern Bank, Honda Village, and Aronson Insurance.
- All proceeds from Our Neighbors’ Table goes to support the Newton Food Pantry.
- Every month, more than 650 Newton residents rely on the food and personal care products we provide free—at our pantry location, via home delivery and in partnership with other local nonprofits.
- Not all of Newton is affluent. In our city, 1 in 8 households survives on less than $25,000 in annual income. (2014 Northeastern University study)
Newton Food Pantry is the oldest and largest food pantry in Newton, MA, and has been run independently by volunteers since 1983.
We hope to see you there! – Holly & Jen
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter!
Our weekly newsletter will arrive in your inbox in the wee hours of the night on Saturdays. Unsubscribe any time. Gmail users: if you don’t see our newsletter, be sure to check your Promotions folder.